Enjoy your unique Great West Way journey, designed by Tenon Tours, and inspired by the award-winning PBS travel series, Curious Traveler.
On this small-group tour, you’ll see the very best of England, starting in its capital city London before embarking on your trip west. Visit Bath with its fascinating Roman history, moving on to the thriving maritime city of Bristol with its emerging art and culinary scene. Enjoy the quintessential chocolate-box villages of the Cotswolds, a true area of natural beauty before moving on to historic Stonehenge and Salisbury. We finish in Windsor where we will visit its magnificent castle and enjoy a Grand Finale dinner in Windsor Guildhall.
You’ll see, learn and experience many of the same locations featured in the ‘Curious Great West Way’, ‘Curious London’ and ‘Curious London Shops’ episodes. The host, writer and executive producer, Christine van Blokland has curated this trip, in partnership with Tenon Tours, just for curious travelers like you. You’ll also get to meet Christine, who will be joining us at many of the locations.
- Enjoy two nights in metropolitan London with a welcome Afternoon Tea where you will meet your fellow Curious Traveler Christine and hear all about the experiences awaiting you on this trip.
- Start your journey to the Great West Way with a train ride to the World Heritage Site of Bath. See the famous Baths and enjoy a sumptuous lunch in the Pump Room.
- Visit the maritime city of Bristol, famous for its emerging food culture and of course its most famous artistic resident, Banksy. You’ll also see Brunel’s SS Great Britain.
- Marvel at the beautiful Cotswold villages, experiencing its Manor Houses and many TV locations!
- Wonder at the awe-inspiring sights of Stonehenge and Salisbury Cathedral.
- Exclusive vineyard visit in Windsor. Tour Windsor Castle and enjoy a grand finale dinner at the Windsor Guildhall with the organization that created the Great West Way route.
London (2) – Bath (2) – Bristol (1) – Cotswolds (2) – Newbury (2) – Windsor (1)